Sunday, August 3, 2014

My Kinda' Towns

I love where I live (Chicago). I love where I grew up (New York; Brooklyn, actually). Both making news.

Nice to see Cub prospects Kris Bryant, Jorge Soler, Javier Baez, Addison Russell and Albert Almora all tearing it up in the minors. Too bad the parent club is still struggling. Note, none of those prospects are pitchers.

Then again, just saw the item about the Mr. Met tattoo executing the Phillie Phanatic. Now there's something two gawd-awful teams can be proud of.

Speaking of Cleveland, which we weren't, the Indians got a win from a pitcher named Atchison. Do they also have a Topeka and a Santa Fe in the farm system? Google it, OK?

And finally, not sure about you, but I absolutely cannot watch replays of the Paul George injury. Too gruesome. Too laden with images of Joe Theismann's spine-tingling, career-ending break. Hopefully, that's not the case for George.

After all, I do like Indianapolis. Well, the city.




No comments: