Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Knews Values

So this morning, Fox Sports 1 is leading with the Tigers getting beat, yielding first place to Kansas City (yes, Kansas City!), and possibly losing Verlander to injury. ESPN, on the other hand, is leading with the Yankees, yeah the third-place Yankees, as they lose a much less-impactful contest in the standings to an Orioles team they trails by 6 games. I guess New York matters, no matter what, while Detroit and Kansas City obviously don't.

But which game would you have been leading with? In any event, neither network was leading with the ongoing Tony Stewart investigation. Hmmm...

                                        ***
At my gym, there's a tennis player who, every morning, gets on a racketball court, by himself, with his tennis racket and tennis balls, and just stands there and hits. Doesn't move around. Doesn't challenge himself. Just hits a few balls right back at himself for an hour or so. It's scarily monotone. And he pays for the court time too, according to the front desk.

If I had that kind of money,  I'd be spending it on, oh, Kate Upton. Cubs tickets. Trips to Paris. OK, not Cubs tickets. And no chance with Kate Upton, I know that.

The guy, by the way, always wears a nice polo shirt, nicely pressed chinos and premium tennis shoes. I don't dress that nice for work. Or to go see Springsteen in concert. When I can afford the tickets, that is, with money I haven't spent playing with myself.

                                        ***

Watching Greeny debate the Above-Average Micheal Smith on ESPN2 about the merits of baseball, and especially how slowly the game moves. I hate to say I agree with Greeny, but I do. This is why I rarely go to and never watch baseball on TV; it sucks, and very slowly at that.


No comments: