Monday, September 8, 2014

Let Me Get This Straight

So, as far as I can tell, Jay Cutler is telling the media he can explain to them what happened on the plays on which he threw picks against Buffalo, but he's also telling them they wouldn't understand it so why bother. OK, Jay, I guess I could never understand how you threw the ball to a 300-pound defensive lineman who you couldn't see.

How could you not see him? He blocks out the sun. I assure you I understand that. And the first pick, to former teammate Corey Graham, I really don't understand that one. You threw it before your tight end had looked back to you on the play. Not smart. I understand that. Oh, sorry, I mean the tight end's not smart.

Enough.

Maybe, some day, Jay. You can explain the facts of life to all us media types. You know, where babies come from, safe sex,  as opposed to safe throw, and that's why you're so much smarter than the rest of us.

At least you're smart enough to know that you're smarter than the rest of us. Fortunately, I'm only smart enough to write this.

Enjoy it. While you're still smarter than the rest of us and while that lasts.

No comments: