Sunday, November 11, 2018

Schloss-Blog Lives On

Hi everyone.

I'm still here. Just not on Facebook for a while, to avoid the nasty, vulgar, insidious remarks I've drawn from Trumpsters who can't stand the fact that someone simply disagrees with them and doesn't see America the same way they do, let alone dare to be critical of their view of America.

As a journalist of 40-plus years and a journalism instructor for 25 concurrent years, I am baffled not only over that but the way Trump makes racially toned remarks. Now, when Trumpsters see this, they will say I am "un-American," which I have been called, and a "donkey," i.e., ass, which I have been called. By them. All I did was ask them to produce impactful legislation that the president has signed off on, beyond the already unpopular tax reform, which flopped so badly the Republicans on the recent campaign trail hardly mentioned it all.

Fine. I'll be back on Facebook soon enough, and I want to thank my dear friend Danielle Dwyer for giving me "shout outs" in her initial Facebook Live blog. I formerly edited her blogs for her years ago, and this was her way of thanking me and I love her for it. She is a star sports reporter for WTOL in Toledo, Ohio. I predict it won't be long before you see her pacing an NFL or NCAA sideline for a major network. The girl is a finisher.

Reading that, as recently as two years ago, more people have been buying guns, especially some who live near the Borderline Bar & Grill in California, so they feel safer when they go out. I don't begrudge their feelings but I do begrudge their actions. More guns in those tightly packed places would only produce more shooting at people by people who think they mean harm to all people in the room. Not the answer, any more than are proposals for gun-toting teachers in our schools.

Crazy times in elections. What the media called a "purple wave" Tuesday night as the first midterm election results trickled in became a True Blue Wave by the time we awakened Wednesday morning. And it's not over yet - races in Florida, Georgia and Arizona could yet tip either way, although it is disingenuous of the Florida governor to be critical of election processes administered by people his Republican predecessors appointed.

Me, today, I won't be scanning Facebook for a while yet, so instead, I'll be looking for a good Sinema to watch.

Finally, what up, Chris Callahan? No, I'm not gonna' answer your question about conjugal lives. A little too illicit and personal, dontcha' think?



No comments: