Thursday, February 16, 2023

Of GOATS and CNN Ghosts

The Schloss-Blog has noticed the rekindling of the debate of who's the GOAT. It's not CNN, but more on that momentarily. In football, Brady. Well, he's the best quarterback. But best player ever? No, that has to be position by position in my book.

For instance, Anthony Munoz is the best offensive lineman ever, not John Hannah (sorry S.I.). 

In basketball, LeBron just became the all-time leading scorer and we're hearing he's the GOAT, not Michael.

Michael averaged more points per game, but fewer rebounds and assists per game. He has two more titles and two more retirements as well.

So, here's my conclusion: LeBron is the best '4' ever. Ever. Kobe at '3.' Oscar at '1.' And Michael at '2.' Don't tell me Michael is a better point guard than the Big O. He ain't.

Center is Kareem, obviously.

End of story. What I'm saying is, it's impossible to name a singular GOAT, but appropriate to name a GOAT at every position.

***

Are you bussin and rizz? Maybe you should be.

***

OK CNN, what's up?

I watched your post-SOTU late-night panel, with Alisyn Camerota anchoring her colleagues and welcoming in former Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson as their guest and then lobbing softball questions at him.

Where your Kaitlan Collins roasted Florida Senator Rick Scott on Medicare and Social Security when she had him one on one, Alisyn, you flopped.

But CNN, I also have issues with the "5 Things" newsletter that you say I need to know to start my day.

BS.

First of all, it's 12 things or more that you put in that newsletter. Always.

For instance, the updates in the '5' one day this week were old news by the time you sent it out: Turkey earthquake; end of COVID 19; Half of Russian tanks inoperative in Ukraine; the Chinese spy balloon having spy capabilities; and Congress looking at the Southwest Airlines debacle. 

Knew all that 24 hours earlier. Kevin Durant being traded to the Suns got a scant sentence, the same as a dog abandoned being found living with wolves, a woodpecker stashing hundreds of pounds of acorns in a house and Disney laying off 7,000.

Did somebody write this before they went home for dinner the night before?

You can do better, CNN. Why aren't you?

***

FAST COMPANY tip of the week: There are six reasons why the metaverse is dying. 

I care about that about as much as I do the reasons why the crypto in which I never invested is failing (Brady's the GOAT, huh?).

***

Good night, Mrs. Calabash. Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson.

More Sunday night on my Radio Free Phoenix rock 'n' roll show, featuring my usual "rizz" and "bussin."

Speaking of which, saw Tommy James and the Shondells in concert last week (#CrimsonandClover). How is he not in the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame yet?

No comments: