Saturday, June 5, 2021

Hi, My Name Is...

The Schloss-Blog space today is being handed over to a special contributor.

***

Hi. My name is Brian Sicknick.

I'm dead.

But I think you might want to hear my story.

I was a member of the U.S. Capitol Police. I joined in 2008.

Never thought I'd end up dead 13 years later, but here I am.

Maybe you saw or heard how I died.

It wasn't from injuries suffered while thousands upon thousands assaulted the Capitol on Jan. 6. But the D.C. medical examiner did determine my injuries were contributory to my death from natural causes.

At age 42.

Forty-two!

Did you see me on TV? I'm a star, I guess. I was attacked, sprayed with something. Here's the link (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-videos-show-alleged-assault-capitol-police-officer-brian-sicknick-n1265876). 

My friends and colleagues on the force were sprayed too, and they were beaten. And almost crushed to death. That's one of my friends being crushed near to death by the rioters in a Capitol doorway. Here's the link (https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/01/09/officer-crushed-in-door-capitol-riots-lemon-reaction-ctn-vpx.cnn).

Pretty cool, huh?

The rioters outnumbered us by about 1,000 to 1, if you're doing the math. Or course, they weren't looking for me. They were looking for Mike Pence, the vice-president of the United States.

They wanted to kill him. Here's the link (https://news.yahoo.com/graphic-video-shows-rioters-looking-013159427.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAC2phjkIVxQAtyjxqlyKloeN3wnKZ7r9YcIImFLRexuT9nt3qF2lJuqF1FWqMoscLMNgl2DyJcF0VsoiWT_w0Y_GyKNNBmw03FHb6L2Ak2TGRcdouFxEyHz2gbo615fdk3JYNj4CDsT2EY83d1OUg46iUpphw4-4hNwF4Z6fw8yj). 

There's an ad first at the start of the video. Sorry. Who would want to advertise before this? Beats me.

Besides, I'm dead.

The rioters, they wanted to kill Nancy Pelosi too. Here's the link (https://www.itv.com/news/2021-02-10/us-capitol-rioters-planned-to-kill-mike-pence-and-put-bullet-through-nancy-pelosis-skull-legal-documents-say). It shows my buddy being crushed again. It takes a little while to get to the "we-wanted-to-kill-her" part. Anyway though, Pelosi, she's important, like, the Speaker of the House, or something, whatever that is.

I'm a Republican, anyway. I voted Republican. Always.

And now, I'm dead.

The real reason I'm writing to you though is because of what's going on at the Capitol now, what I was willing to give my life for.

The Republicans, my fellow Republicans, are refusing to support legislation that would establish a totally bipartisan commission to investigate the invasion that eventually contributed to my death, just 24 hours later.

Yeah, the medical examiner said "natural causes," but if that riot hadn't happened, if that spray had never been directed at me, sickening me, if those insurrectionists hadn't been hunting for Pelosi, Pence and their colleagues, I'd probably be alive now.

But I'm not.

Because of my fellow Republicans.

My fellow f'ing Republicans. 

Don't you want to know the circumstances behind my death? Not just what happened that day, but the real, behind-the-scenes circumstances?

That's what the bipartisan commission would've done.

I guess those Republicans don't want to know why. I guess Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin, Democrats, don't want to either, or at least don't want to pull out all the stops to get it done.

They're assholes too. In that case, they're dead to me.

But like I said, they don't care what I think.

I'm dead.

I want to thank the Schloss-Blog for the opportunity to address you directly today.

They asked me to say good night to a Mrs. Calabash, whoever she is, and raise a glass to a Mrs. Robinson, whoever she is.

Anyway, listen to the Schloss-Blog's show on Radio Free Phoenix on Sunday night. It's rock 'n' roll.

Well, not for me.

I'm dead.


 

No comments: