Saturday, August 17, 2019

Just For The Sling Of It

The Schloss-Blog is watching a lot of hyped-up quarterbacks perform.

Like Daniel Jones. Hallelujah. Looked sharp against the Bears. Da Bears (hey defense, Monsters of the Midway, where are you?). Can Jones take Eli's job? Not this year, not till after Eli beats Brady for a third time in the Super Bowl (believe it).

Like Dwayne Haskins. Looked good. Of course, that was against the Cincinnati Bengals. Will he be the starter for the Redskins? Who cares, they suck.

Like Kyler Murray. Looked awful against the Raiders. The Raiders! The Raiders suck, or do they? Healthy quarterback, franchise receiver and a stepped-up defense and all of a sudden, one disastrous year later, Jon Gruden looks like a genius coming out of retirement.

Murray looked like crap against a mediocre Raiders team. Imagine when he goes up against one of the good teams in his own division. Kyler, meet Aaron Donald.

The only thing worse I saw this week was Donald Trump's disgusting tweet that got Israel to ban two American Congresswomen from entering Israel. Trump continues to prove he's racist. Period. Those two congresswomen aren't exactly my two favorites, but they're Americans and as part of their oversight responsibilities, they have privilege to travel overseas and see where and what for American foreign aid is going.

Even AIPAC, the American-Israeli political action group, supported their right to enter Israel. Here we go, once again, Donald Trump using political action against minorities and women.

What else is new? Hey America, if you want a racist president, then re-elect him. Otherwise, Sleepy Joe will do just fine, or almost any of the other surviving Democratic candidates.

Meanwhile, listen all day tomorrow to radiofreephoenix.com. Not only am I subbing on the morning show (6-10 a..m., Arizona time), but I'm doing my own usual Sunday shift, a little after 9 p.m. to midnight, Arizona time (Pacific, in August).

Will be spending the day wishing happy anniversary to Radio Free Phoenix on its 15th, happy anniversary to Woodstock, on its 50th, with special musical rock 'n' roll sets all day, but announcing our 15th-anniversary party for RFP at Flicka's in Scottsdale on Sunday, Sept. 29, 4-10 p.m. Come out if you're in the neighborhood and meet me (yeah, me) and all the other RFP radio on-air personalities, including founder Andy Olson and my mentors, Sharon Lynn Kelley and Liz Boyle. RFP has changed my life and given me reason to get excited about Thursdays, when the weekend playlist is issued and I see what I've got to work with for my shift.

And most of all, happy birthday to the love of my life - Jordan, my grandson, who turned 6 this weekend. He is so chill, so chill. The kid is amazing. Nothing fazes him, nothing. As I've long told my daughter, it skips a generation.

Hah.

Good night, Mrs. Calabash.










No comments: