Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Phone blues

My home phone rings a dozen times a day. A dozen. I'm home now, being a teacher. It is always an 800 number or Unknown Caller. Screw 'em. No, I don't want to answer your goddam survey about who I'm voting for and what issues I'm interested in.

I'm interested in balancing the budget, cutting the deficit and not having a racist pig as my president.

No, I'm not interested in reviving my self-published book. It did well when I published it the first time, and that's that. Yes, "Married Women Are (Still) Easy," but I did OK on it the first time around and that's that, like I said.

No, I don't want to renew my appliance warrantee extension policy that I never purchased in the first place.

No, I'm not interested in changing energy suppliers. I have plenty of energy and a company I pay a small fee to each year to come in and service my A/C and furnace. They also installed them when the house was built and replaced them when they wore down and still warrantee them for a reasonable, all-inclusive rate. So, alternate service suppliers, leave me alone anout that. I'm not interested.

What's that? Switch to AT&T/Direct TV? Not on your life!

Stop calling. And I'll stop complaining. Probably.

No comments: