Saturday, August 24, 2024

I Like My Keurig (Just Not My Machine)

The Schloss-Blog loves its coffee.

OK, decaf. 

But ... me and my Keurig machine are gonna' have, as Joe Biden would say, "a come-to-Jesus" talk.

***

Other than Tramp insulting everyone who ever wore a U.S. military uniform, the Schloss-Blog has noticed this week that his Keurig machine is making good coffee...

...and leaving a trail of drip along the way.

The damn machine drips, and drips and drips.

All over the kitchen counter. It soaks a rag or towel I leave underneath it. It takes a few days, but it does.

I've checked every discussion group I could find online for clues and tips and I've heard it all.

*Don't refill the container with the cartridge open (I never do);

*Only use filtered water (I always do);

*Don't leave it full overnight (I never do);

*Clean it with vinegar (my wife always does).

That's it - out of ideas. This has happened with all three Keurigs we've owned in two diffferent houses. Keurig has even replaced - on warranty - two of them - so that makes five we've owned.

They still leak.

Got any ideas? We're open to suggestions, because the coffee's pretty good but the kitchen counter is pretty wet.

***

Tramp just can't help himself.

Now he's calling the civilian Presidential Medal of Freedom more important, more significant than the Medal of Honor for military killed or wounded in action.

The latter goes to he that “distinguishes himself conspicuously by gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty."

The former goes to those who “have made exemplary contributions to the prosperity, values, or security of the United States, world peace, or other significant societal, public or private endeavors."

You tell me which one is more significant. You tell me, if you're from a military or Gold Star family, which award is more significant, more meaningful, more endearing.

And you tell me, if you're from one of those families, are you voting for Tramp or Kamala? The guy who calls soldiers "losers and suckers" or the woman who will uphold American dignity around the world?

Not a hard choice.

***

Tramp's Virginia campaign headquarters were broken into. There were no indications that thieves found anything to do with the economy, inflation, immigration or even treating COVID-19.

Tramp reported $300,000 in sales of his customized Bible. At $59.95, that's about 5,000 bibles. That's not a lot.

Pays for about one day of his lawyers' fees.

***

Do you watch "Law & Order' and "Chicago P.D.?"

If you do, you know that in the latter, when police on scene call for medical help, they radio in for an "ambo."

On the former, police call in for a "bus."

Let's hope if you need assistance, you don't get a Chicago cop in NY calling in for you.

***

I'm a big news watcher but I'm finding that Americans get so much of their information from TikTok. that in mind, I am believing that America's leading TV newscasters are John Stewart on "The Daily Show" and "John Oliver on "Last Week Tonight."

Which make HBO and Comedy Central America's leading news networks.

***

Good night, Mrs. Calabash. Here's to you, Mariska Hargitay.

More Sunday Night on my Radio Free Phoenix rock 'n' roll show and next week, our look back at the Democratic National Convention.

No comments: